Sunday, 23 February 2014
So as I promised, here is an update on the Kasia skirt from Burda style. It's a free pattern and not too tricky for those who have experience at pockets and zips and buttons. The instructions are a bit confusing so I have adjusted with my own knowledge some little tactics. Because the pattern was confusing I decided to do a very rough muslin to figure out what goes where and how. I only hand tacked everything together and didn't worry to much about measurements and so on. I know now if I was making the skirt out of material that had little stretch to it I would need to widen the sides a bit for my curvy figure. The waist is fine though. This is a common adjustment I need to make ! However as my skirt is being made out of a fub knit fabric and is nice and stretchy I don't need to worry about anything this time around! I have some pics of my muslin, I didn't bother finishing the top band off as I new what I was supposed to do, mission accomplished. Check the pics for my notes :-)
Sunday, 16 February 2014
here! I've had this material sitting around for years as I got it on sale, and have wanted to make a skirt with it - this pattern is free and looked pretty easy which means quick! So I have started it today! Will do a short tutorial on it when it is completed along with a review :-) for now here are some photos of my finished sewing room!